Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Revel Rockies Marathon 7/19/2015 Race Report

Drove up from Laredo, Texas to Raton New Mexico on Friday 7/17/15 continued drive from Raton New Mexico to Denver on 7/18/15 about 4 1/2 drive since we were heading towards Northwest Denver by Golden Colorado.


Picked up my packet on 7/18/15 around 5 pm it was situated in the Colorado School of Mines indoor track facility. It was a small expo but well organized, quickly got it and left the building.


Saturday 7/18/15 slept around 10:30 pm and woke up at 2:00 a.m. to head out for the start.


Sunday 7/19/15 got to the parking lot around 2:50 and waited for a bit for the buses to arrive, a couple of buses got there and I decided to get down. I figured if I get there early and avoid all the people that I would be fine. (Revel Marathon Cancellation) Good thing I got there on time. As we headed up to the mountains nobody was talking or saying a word to each other and about 2 mins into driving up you can hear the bus get loud as people started to break the silence. I on the other hand just put my head down and went to sleep.


4:40 a.m. We finally arrived to the top of the Mountain and as we got down I could feel the cold air. It was 39 degrees for Texan that summers are highs in the 106 this type of weather is winter for us! Anyways got down and saw they were giving out gloves and Mylar blankets got both of those items and sat down. As I was sitting down this volunteer ask me where I was from and I told her I was from Laredo, Texas and she just said oh boy you are not ready for this type of weather, she got another blanket and covered me up and told me just to listen to her. I told her that she didn't have to but she insisted and told me, look if you don't warm up you will dehydrate and you still have twenty six miles to go. So I took on her suggestion and remained warmed to the start. I saw my friend Kory Cool from Kansas (placed 3rd overall) talked to him for a while and asked why he was doing the marathon and both of us responded with the same answer #Vacationing and still running like crazy!

5:50 a.m, we were told that the race was being pushed back till 6:20 a.m. we wondered why (Revel Marathon Cancellation) but kept our cool since we didn't know what was happening! At around 6:00 a.m. we were told that we were going to start at 6:10 a.m. so we quickly got undressed and went out to the start.

All I can say from this course is that it's downhill from start to finish, you have a couple of slight uphill running around 13-16, but the rest is downhill.

Volunteers were great!
Course was BEAUTIFUL!
Expo was small but I don't hang out in EXPO'S so it was just right!
Traffic was well taken cared of!
PICTURES and Video WERE FREE!
Perfect Weather for us Texans ;)
Medals were neat!

I will definitely go back to this marathon!

Mile 1-4 downhill at 6:40 and stopped  and pee'd in mile 4
Mile 6 Ate a banana
Mile 15 Ate a banana

Drank at every water station either Gatorade or water.




That's how it went ran about 25 mpw and just wanted to qualify for Boston as I needed to get under 3:10 since I ran 3:11 at Boston this year. Now I'm aiming at 2:25 in January since I'm healthy and ready to up my mileage and work on marathon workouts.

Here are some pictures! Enjoy!




































1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you ever decide to run a marathon in Phoenix let me know, I'd be happy to accommodate you.
PS get my number from Mark V.

-Your friend
Oscar Trevino

  • Popular
  • Categories
  • Archives